Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Update - LONG time overdue!

I haven't posted since Eva was born. Geez...that was 7 months ago. SO much has happened since then. And the past two months have been SO hard...so much family drama and pain. This mama needs a break. Eva is the sweetest baby. I don't hardly have any trouble out of her all. And big sister just loves her to pieces and loves to help mommy. And mimick mommy as well. Elizabeth has a fascination with my breastpump and thinks she has to "pump". Still trying to potty train her. After baby arrived she decided she didn't want to use the potty anymore. I went back to work when Eva was 5 months old. Was supposed to at 3 months, but my mom (who keeps them twice a week) fell and broke her ankle so I had to wait for her ankle to get better. I have been trying to get this baby (plus staying at home for 5 months) weight off. It's been so hard. I'm going to blame stress. Here is what I have had to deal with the past 2-3 months: DH's aunt died (mother's sister) DH's grandfather had surgery to remove cancer My grandmother had surgery BOTH kids sick 3 different times with runny nose or ear infection/fluid DH's mother died (to which my DH was left to deal with all of the crap because his family wouldn't do it) My brother's wife left him And yesterday my brother was checked into drug rehab I am mentally exhausted. I want. A VACATION. I feel so bad for my parents right now. They were so upset yesterday. I just hope they don't blame themselves. They really are the best parents ever. We are lucky to have them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, what stressful times! I hope things calm down for you all soon. Sorry to hear about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you are! I know I see you on FB but I miss your updates :-) Both of the girls are just so gorgeous. Don't worry about the potty training- Delilah regressed some after Tatum was born. O my- so much happening and going on. I hope things calm down soon. My thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete