M asked about my work schedule and childcare yesterday. So I thought I would talk about that today...
I'm started back work as part-time. I don't mind the cut in hours or pay because I get to spend more time at home with E. I'll be working Monday thru Wednesday from 8 until 4. Not too bad. The reason I'm at work today and was here yesterday is because the lady I work with had those days off so I'm filling in for her...can't have an empty office. I'll write about my work and the people I work with one day. That should make an interesting topic.
About my childcare...my mother is going to be keeping E at her house on Mondays and Tuesday and my babysitter will be keeping E on Wednesdays at my house. Also, I'm having the sitter come on Thursday and Friday mornings for a few hours so I can get things done around the house and run errands.
As far as other stuff goes, I thought I would talk about E a little more. She is such a good baby. The colic mess is starting to ease up. We haven't had an "episode" in a few days now. The only thing that worked as far as getting her to calm down was taking her for a car ride.
E is finally sleeping through the night now, WOOHOO!! She started this about 2 weeks ago. Normally, we go to bed around 10:30-11:00 and get up around 6:00-6:30. It makes things so much better now that she's sleeping all night. I feel human again.
And for some reason, I can give a perfectly happy and content baby to my husband and in a matter of a minutes, she is mad as heck, screaming, and throwing a fit. I don't know...it's crazy. And of course my husband says it's because he doesn't have boobs, or pillows as he sometimes calls them, for her to lay on.
One of my favorite things to do is change her diaper. I know it sounds crazy but that is the time that she loves the most. She smiles, laughs, giggles, and coos at me. And speaking of cooing, she is starting to "talk" a lot more. It is so precious and I love hearing her voice, it's the sweetest sound. And once she gets started, she goes to town with it. I should make a video of it, it's too cute.
Okay I've got to get back to work. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


lol the pillows!! Mason was like that when he was younger, but now it doesn't matter who he is with... but he does always keep an eye on where mommy is
ReplyDeleteYour schedule sounds perfect! I hope you enjoy being back at work. I am also going back part time. I'm looking forward to working again (although I feel a little out of practice) but not leaving Austin. I need to look at the positives and be thankful that I don't have to work full time.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear E is sleeping through the night and that the colic is easing up. It makes for long days when a baby is unhappy.