Monday, June 21, 2010

Work

I have been reminded today how completely boring my job can be.

I don't think I mentioned this but I had a dream a week ago that I came back to work on the day that the lady I work with took her vacation and I totally forgot how to do my job, work the computer, and forgot all of my passwords...and on top of that had about a million people on my case wanting everything done 5 minutes ago.

But it didn't happen. It all came back to me with ease. I only forgot one little thing, a price of a certain service, in which I was able to look in a old file to remind myself what it was. Passwords were still there in the back of my mind. So going back to work wasn't as bad as I was fearing. And knowing that I'm working half weeks makes it even better. I can't wait until Wednesday :)

I mentioned that I would write about the people I work with so here goes, if you're bored and just want something to read about. I work at a wholesale lumber company.

CM: This is the lady I work with on the accounting side of the office. While I do A/R and credit, she does A/P and P/R. She's quite. Barely speaks 5 words to me all day. There are no cubicles so our desks are in a big open room. She tends to take vacations on the worst possible days that could be picked within a year.

CS: The one other female in the office. She's on the opposite side of the building and she is a trucking dispatcher. She likes to sing and humm. Completely drives me up the wall. She used to be in the same room as me and CM but was moved to the other side of the building (sales room) when she was reassigned to a different job. I'm now doing her work plus some. In fact, she was in the sales room for a while and they moved her to her own area because she drove them crazy with the singing and humming, or at least that's what I think.

MB: He's our sales manager. We somehow tend to take our vacation weeks during the same week. It just happens, we don't plan it. He's a pretty good guy though. I have no complaints about him. He likes to joke around and make fun of people. Probably why I get along with him so much.

JH: My brother. My older brother. Supposively is a sales agent. That's all I have to say about that.

PG: He's our production supervisor and is rarely in the office. He likes to wear solid bright colored t-shirts to work. Yesterday it was fluorescent green. It almost looked like it would glow in the dark if you turned the lights off. I almost did it just to see if it would.

SW: He's our....I don't know what his job title is, sorry. But he brings me the paperwork from outside after trucks are loaded so I can invoice the lumber. I see him a few times a day. He's cajun and talks funny.

So that's the people I work with. All older than me by 10 - 25+ years. Nothing remotely interesting ever happens around here. It is usually a long, quite day for me unless it's Monday. Monday is my busiest day so it goes by a lot faster.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad CS is removed from your office. That would drive me nuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O I totally feel your pain re: the lady who sings & hums. There's a lady here like that only she's a smoker & I think tone deaf. Unfortunately there's no getting away from her :-\

    ReplyDelete