Monday, September 20, 2010

Update.....A rant and a rage.....And two PG friends (TRIGS)

Update on E:
E is growing up so fast. She turned SIX months old today! She has not learned to sit on her own yet but is starting to learn how to crawl. She can get from A to B...it may take a few minutes but she will eventually make it! I had to lower her crib a few weeks ago from the highest setting to the middle setting. And last night I noticed that she pulled herself up while playing in her crib. She put one hand on the side bar, then the other hand, then she put her legs under her, and VOILA!! She's still a petite little thing...still wearing her 3-6 month outfits. We go Thursday for her checkup and shots. If I had to guess, she probably weighs just at or just under 15 lbs. She's slobbering and chewing on EVERYTHING. She can soak a bib in a matter of minutes. We've been going through a lot of Mylicon and Orajel lately. She's doing good on her baby food. She loves all of it so far and doesn't seem to have any food allergies.

A rant and rage...and two PG friends (here begins the TRIGS...you've been warned):

I haven't talked about either one of the friends yet because I didn't think it would be fair to some people to talk about it on here. But I feel like I need to let it out. So if you don't want to here another PG story....please don't read any further.

Friend S is 6w today. We've known each other since nursery at church....basically all my like. She stopped BCP a month after I did (her in April 2008). She and her DH were bascially wanting to PG but were just at the "if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't" stage. Well a few months ago, she went to her OB/GYN (same doc I use) to seek help....I've told her what all I had to go through. She puts her on Clomid and nothing else. She gets PG on her FIRST ROUND! Clomid and timed BD. How does this freaking happen? Who gets PG on their first round of fertility meds? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her and all, but seriously?! She took a HPT on day 28 at 5:30am and was at her parent's house at 6:30am to tell them the news. No BPT confirmation or anything. Just relying on a at home test. Not sure I would have had the nerves to do that. Well she's had 3 b/w done since then and they are all going up nicely. She goes in a week for her first visit and probably a week after that for her first ultrasound.

Now we come to Friend M. Ohhhhh friend M. She's married to my uncle and she's my age. We've always gotten along just fine. I think she talks to me more than anyone else in my family. Here's the TRIGS... They got married May 5th. Same day she stopped BCP. June 1st she starts a new C. Four weeks later she finds out she's PG. WTH. You've got to f'ing kidding me. I ask this question again......Who the hell gets PG the first C off of BCP??? How can this even freaking happen??? What are the odds of this??? Again, don't get me wrong...I'm happy for them, but it just sucks to think about it. And to top it off, she told me she cried when she found out b/c she didn't want to get PG then. I consider myself one of the lucky ones...I got thru IF and had a healthy baby. But still... I guess I consider myself an IF'er for life, but news like this still kicks hard in the gut. She's now 16w along and found out Friday that they are having a girl. (Note: here begins my rant and rage.) She calls me Saturday to tell me they can't decide on a name.....really??? After only 24 hours you can't decide??? Wow. Anyway.....and I probably have NO right to get mad over this but she called to tell me what she wants to name the baby, but my uncle doesn't like the name....Emmaline. I'm silent after she tells me this. Then I question myself...should or shouldn't I tell her?? And I may not have even told you ladies this...but when I was PG with E, DH and I never came up with a boy's name b/c we were just so sure we were having a girl. I had two name that I wanted...and as an IF'er I think we all dream of have twins, right? Well my names were Elizabeth and Emilyne. I had hoped that DH and I would get to have another baby one day and could use the second name. I know I've been rambling, but the point is this....her name is nearly EXACTLY like my second girl name. Again, I consider myself lucky for getting thru IF. So I shouldn't be getting mad over this, right? I have a baby already. I've been losing sleep over this...ridiculous I know. But I just really, really hope that they pick another name. And I know some of you may think I'm just whining and being selfish, but it just eats at me. I can't help it.

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. It's still hard to push the envy aside that it happened for them so easily, isn't it? (hugs) You have every right to feel that way.

    Boo for her taking your name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((HUGS)) I felt the same way when I'd see people getting pregnant so easily (this was before we had started trying because we were still I guess in the diagnostic phase). When I look back on it now I guess I'd be considered "one of them" because even though I have PCOS I didn't have to go through the pain & procedures a lot of women I know did. We are truly blessed in that instance. That was kind of rambly

    Anyway, I understand being upset about the name thing too. I got kind of upset when I saw a girl on another due date board somewhere liking the name Claire. That was a name on my list- was because now I don't like it as much LoL My thoughts are, people change their minds a lot usually (I have anyway) & I think since you're uncle doesn't like the name it probably won't stick. If she brings the name up again you could tell her that that's a name on your list for the future when/if you have another. That might deter her- or it might not. Sorry it's upsetting you so ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six months already? Wow! I'm glad she's doing well. And, yes, orajel is fantastic stuff!

    I totally understand the rant. An IFer, past or present, is NOT the right person announce a pg to at 4hrs along, or to complain to about an unplanned pg (ummm, what did she THINK was going to happen by going off bc?). And I get the name thing too, I know we can't really "reserve" names, but still. Hopefully it won't stick since your uncle doesn't like it.

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete