My annual ob/gyn appt was yesterday. Pap smear. Yay. Then comes the GOOD part. I got a rx for Metformin!! I told her we were TTC but it's still in the "if it happens it happens, if it doesn't well we'll keep on trying" stage. I told her about my shortening cycles. She wasn't all that concerned really. But after we talked awhile, she decided to try the Metformin and see if it would lengthen my cycles any. Then if it did, I could call for a rx of Clomid. I'm completely happy with this. Now...I'm probably not going to wait as long as she thinks I am before I call for the Clomid. She also mentioned checking my prog to see if I'm even o'ing. But she wants to wait till I have a longer C before doing that...again, I'm cool with that. B/c with short C's, it's hard to determine when to even come in for b/w. So first things first, get that C's longer! Then clomid and prog b/w.
I picked up my rx yesterday and went on and started it last nite. I hope this doesn't mess up my current C, but then again, they are already short as it is so I guess it really doesn't matter.
Upon doing some sercious thinking about all this TTC stuff...I think I'm going to give it till the end of October with my ob/gyn. If I'm not pg by then, I think I'm going to see my RE again. Hopefully it won't come to that though.
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


Wishing you lots of luck with the met lengthening your Cs! Also I hope that it doesn't come to having to go back to the RE- I'm hoping that since you've already been pregnant your body will remember & you'll have lots of luck with just the met :-)
ReplyDelete