Wednesday, April 7, 2010

SOOO ExcITeD!!!

I took the plunge today and asked if my work hours could be cut from full-time to part-time when I return to work after maternity leave. And I got a YES!! I'm super excited!! I don't know the details yet because I was told that we would work something out when it got closer to returning back to work. And I think I'm going to get a few more weeks off than I originally thought. I think things should still be okay money-wise with my hours being cut. With the tax refund we got back this year, I was also able to discontinue the additional withholdings I was having deducted from my pay each week due to a part-time home-based business that DH and I quit last year. So more money from that should take the place of the cut hours. And best of all, more time with my little angel!!!

Speaking of the little angel, I had to take her to get her weight checked this morning. A week ago, she was 6-13. The doc wanted to see her gain an ounce a day for a week meaning he wanted her to be around 7-4 today. Her weight today was actually 7-8!! Such a big girl ~ she gained 1.5 ounces per day this past week! And while I had her there I had them check her out. Sunday we took her outside for some Easter pictures (which I need to post) and she's been sneezing and has had a stuffy nose since, making it difficult for her to breathe. Long story short...after a cold mist humidifier and saline nose drops yesterday, she's much better today and the doc said she looked perfect and he didn't see anything wrong with her. He said babies just do that sometimes. Hopefully we'll all sleep better tonight. I didn't sleep a wink last night worried sick over her and listening to her suffer through the night with that little stuffy nose. But we're all good now.

Update on the BF issue: I got a hold of a bfing nurse at my hospital and she told me the same thing Katie did. Pump every 3 hours and keep up the hydration. And she added that I should call my OB and get an Rx for Reglan, which I did. It's supposed to increase my supply, which it is. So hopefully I'll be able to keep with the 50/50 in her bottles now. Thank you for your comments on that post everyone, I appreciate the help!

I hope everyone had a great Easter! I feel like I'm missing everything. How are you all doing?? I need an update from EVERYONE!!

5 comments:

  1. That is GREAT news Laura!! Your little one will thank you for being home more with her ;).

    Sounds like she is gaining more than enough weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad you will be able to stay at home with that precious little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Laura!! I hope your milk production speeds up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome you get to work part time!! Hooray for more time with the baby :)

    Glad things are looking up on the BF front too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic news! So happy your work has agreed to this new schedule.

    ReplyDelete