
Last Thursday I was off work and at home by myself with E. I had noticed all day that she was being relatively irritable. She had several scream fits where I could not calm her down at all. Nothing was making this child happy. At 7:00p I checked her temp just to make sure she didn't have a high fever and it was 97.9 (underarm). I gave her .4 tylenol to see if that would make her feel better. It made her go to sleep and she woke up about 2 hours later. When she woke up, she woke up SCREAMING her head off. She was hot...very hot. I could feel the heat on top of her head. I checked her temp and it was 100.4 (underarm). I immediately called her pedi's office and talked with a nurse. She had me take her temp rectally and it was 102.9. She had me give her .8 tylenol and sent us to the E.R. since their office had just closed. By the time we got there (around 9:45) her temp was 103.2. We were in the E.R. for a total of 4 hours. They did a blood test (white count slightly elavated), urine test (clean), and numerous temp checks (102.6, 101.7), and a chest x-ray (looked good). E.R. dr. seemed to think it was some type of virus and though she could have an infection (ears). He sent us home with an antibiotic (amoxicillin liquid). Friday morning we took E to her pedi's office for a follow-up and to make sure HER dr. agreed with the diagnosis. He looked at all her test results and looked at her and said that she has a throat infection (throat was all red and irritated). So her temp has stayed down since then and we are continuing the amoxicillin (it makes her VERY sleepy). She seems to be doing much better now.
And as my title also says...today is Demolition Day!!!!! The house and lot we bought in town....as of later this afternoon the house will no longer be on the lot. I drove by this morning and half the house was gone already. We meet with our architect again this Friday and will hopefully have a complete set of plans 2 weeks after that! And if all goes well we should be starting on the new house in 3-4 weeks!!!


Aww poor baby. I hope she feels better.
ReplyDeleteO my gosh- that must've been so scary! I hope she feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for the house! I hope all goes smoothly for you :-)
Aww how scary!! Poor thing! How exciting that your construction on the new house is already underway!
ReplyDeleteGlad E is doing better...poor baby!
ReplyDeleteI love demolition days....I need to find something I can destroy. =)
That sounds scary, I would have been a nervous wreck... I love her bunny outfit that is too cute!!!!
ReplyDelete