My first OB appt was today. Here's how it went down (literally)...
All was going well, BP (110/56) and weight (HA!). Talked with the doc about a few things. Mentioned to her that I've been having sciatic pain. Already. At 4w. And it's killing me by the way. She says it could be one of two things: corpus luteum (spelling?) or I could be having...get this...multiples. WTH? She's whack. It's gotta be the first thing. She then looks at my charts and says "WHOA...you're tidors sure did shoot up (spelling?)...You know...with a jump like that, you really could be having more than one." Again, WTH? I said that I thought you could tell by the first or second set of numbers, but she says thats not always true.
SO. My first ultrasound is a week from Monday. We'll see. But seriously. There's just one in there.
So from there she sends me to the lab for b/w. I felt lightheaded afterwards but sat there a few minutes to let it pass.
Then I go out of the LOBBY FULL OF PEOPLE to check out. I lean over the lady's desk because I felt dizzy. Next thing I know there's a nurse standing next to me asking me if I'm okay. THEN. I woke up on the floor. With five nurses standing over me. They said I passed out and just kind of slid down on the floor. But I don't remember that. They put me on a stretcher and wheeled me back to my doc's office. Made me drink some OJ and eat some PB. Checked my blood suger (87). Made me lay down for thirty minutes before the would let me leave. Almost made me call hubby to come and get me.
It was the bloodwork. Combined with the fact that I haven't been eating much.
So that was my day.
The most interesting and EMBARRASSING dr visit EVER.
Surely there's not more than one in there. Huh?
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


Very interesting... to say the least. Glad you are okay from the fall! I'm very interested about your u/s appointment. I have heard that beta numbers could go either way as well. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteGood lord!! you better start eating!!!!!!!! ;) low blood sugar is an effect of pregnancy especially if you are having multiples, lol. I eat every two hours to keep my sugar level so it doesn't go up. Even just a little snack.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...multiples. I honestly had a lot of pain during the first few weeks on my right side. It was over the entire hip/groin area. I thought I had an ectopic. Beware, I have experienced a lot more pain this time around than last time...not sure why. I think our bodies havn't had a lot of time to heal.
Erin
Yikes- glad you're ok from the fall! I had a almost blackout instance two times towards the end of my 2nd pregnancy that scared the crap out of me. Not sure why though 'cause I had just eaten lunch both times before it happened.
ReplyDeleteAnyway can't wait to hear whether there's one or more in there ;-D