My parents hate the name that I so dearly love.
My mother's response: "It sounds like four different names"
NO. It doesn't. You just aren't pronouncing it correctly.
And as for my husband, he now hates the name.
I don't understand this. Before we knew the gender, they were just fine with the name. I totally don't get what happened.
I feel like they all just stabbed me, and instead of blood, I bleed tears.
*************************************************************************
I hate to ask someone to do this. But I need some help. It may sound a bit evil. But I have a point that I really need to make clear to someone on FB.
So if anyone of my FB's friends is willing to do this, I would greatly appreciate it and I would seriously owe you one!
Here's what I need:
I need someone to start/post a conversation on my FB wall. And it needs to go like this:
FB Friend: "Do you have a name for the new baby girl?"
Me: "I wish I could say I did, but nothing set in stone yet"
FB Friend: "I thought you had two different names picked out when you were pregnant with Elizabeth?"
Me: "Yes I did have two names picked out. We went with the family name for her because it was more important/special to us. As for the other name...I still love the name and it's not off the table yet, but we're still discussing so we'll see! Hopefully we can come to an agreement soon!
FB Friend: "If you still like that name, I wouldn't give up on it, especially if you've had it picked out that long!"
Me: "Don't worry, I'm not :)"
This may sound silly and childish to some, but I think this is the only way to get my point across.
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


I'm on it ;)
ReplyDeleteI would def help you out, but it looks like it's been taken care of already!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you ask your mom if her parents helped pick out your name? (sigh) why do fam members think they have any say in what you name YOUR child!?! Sorry for the vent, that just bugs me!
Laura, have you announced what new baby name is going to be? Because I'll brag about how beautful it is :D
ReplyDeleteIt's going splendidly so far, dont you think? Ha ha!! Love it! I'm with Jen though... People need to be very careful what they voice their opinions about. When it comes to naming the baby, the only opinions that matter are you and your husbands. I'm so sorry their opinions have gotten to him too!
ReplyDelete