I am the biggest whale. No kidding. I feel so fat right now it's ridiculous. This weekend I just knew I was going to die b/c I couldn't breathe in my "regular" jeans. I had to get out my maternity clothes. Yes, they make me feel tons better. BUT! I totally shouldn't be wearing them now. I was at least 3 maybe 4 weeks further along the first time before I had to break out the maternity jeans. When I mentioned this at Moth.erhood, the lady helping me said that nearly all women tell her they grew faster with the second one. GREAT. LOVELY. JUST what I wanted to hear. I asked my mom later that night and she said she was the same way. Said it's probably just because neither one of us was that big to start with the first time. But was a little bigger the second. Oh yeah. I can relate to that. I started out 19 lbs heavier this pregnancy than with the first one.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound like I'm complaining. It's just that it totally caught me off guard and freaked me out. I totally didn't expect to have to start wearing maternity jeans already. I want to wait til we find out the sex of the baby in 13 days before I tell anyone we are expecting. I just hope I can make it that long without it becoming obvious.
Anyone else have this happen to them???
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


Something else too your body rememebers already doing this that is why you expand sooner, the muscles remember so you expand faster...
ReplyDeleteJust wait....;) I'm huge.
ReplyDeleteThat totally happened with me this 2nd time around too. I was actually surprised when I got further along with Tatum that I was having a hard time finding "regular" shirts to wear although I didn't buy one maternity shirt this time (I had two from last time). I did end up buying maternity jeans though which stunk because I didn't have to get them with Delilah.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous is right- it's because your muscles have already expanded and "remember" so you show sooner.