Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Update on baby's name

Hubby has confused me completely.

He's now back on board about her name. Except instead of Emalyn Rosalie, he wants Emalyn Rosalia. It makes the name a little longer in sound and I'm really not all that crazy about it. I like Rosalie, myself. It flows and sounds better with Emalyn.

I think it was like M said, he was listening to what others were saying and letting that effect him. And he's bad about caring too much what other people think. I, myself, could care less.

Now the reason my parents are against, or hestitant, on the name is because my mother's brother has a baby named Emmiline. And my mother thinks that Emalyn is too close to that in sound and spelling. I have had Emalyn picked out for YEARS. If I would have had two girls the first time, I would already have me an Emalyn. My aunt, if that's what I have to call her, knew I had that name picked out for my next girl but used the name Emmiline anyway, she said she thought it was funny.

So I have no issues still using the name. I mean, we see these people twice a year at the most. And my kid and their kid are 2nd cousins. And name issues just don't count with 2nd cousins or after....IMO.

But what do you ladies think? Do you think there is a problem here?? What would you do???

And yes M, it went better than I could have imagined! ;) You are so sweet!

Jenn, once we are sure and set on the name I will find some way to announce it on FB! It may require someone asking again, but we will see!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad it went well!!

    And glad your hubs is back on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there should be a name issue at all. That's the name you love and have always loved... I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there should be a problem with name issues. Please my oldest child is named Wesley, and my 1st cousin husband is Wesley. I was set on the name before she married him or before having kids. AND same cousin has named her kids names of other family members including cousins... Don't think name are issue unless your naming them Laura 1 Laura 2 Laura 3 etc :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def think Rosalie, not -lia, plus i still think she is a witch. WTF does that and thinks its funny?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's me as Anon- Misty, still having issues commenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go with what YOU want. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or feels. And like you said it's not like you see those people often or that the children are going to be close. Naming YOUR baby is part of being a parent- if everyone else was involved in the actual making of the baby, maybe but they weren't in the room when this baby was made so they don't get a say as to the name (or anything else for that matter).

    ReplyDelete