Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mini vacay time! (I promise there will be no mention of my crazy family or Em's name)

Hubby and I are *supposed* to leave Thursday for a 3 night mini vacay! My parents are keeping E for us since we are flying. We are flying into LAX and staying in Anaheim, CA. Our "purpose" for this trip is this: We have saved points for over 5 years and have finally been able to redeem them for a private tour of the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, CA! We are VERY exctied about this! And, yes, we are Disney freaks! LAX is a 4.5 hour flight for us, luckily it's non-stop (but only 3.5 hours back home). I know that there is no way E would last that long on a plane, so she's staying behind! Our tour is set for Friday and will take most of the day in Burbank. On Saturday we are going to Disneyland for the day and then we fly back home Sunday.

Now...I know I wrote "supposed to" in the first sentence. Here is why: there is a possibility that my grandmother will have back surgery. If this is the case, we will have to reschedule because there is no way my mom can take care of her and E at the same time. Especially for that long. We would probably wait til the first or second week in January. After that, I don't need to fly...or at least I don't feel comfortable flying after that, too close to due date for me. We won't know until this afternoon about the surgery but I really don't think they will do it just right away (knock on wood).

As far as how I am doing with the PG: 29w: I've gained a whopping 15 lbs so far. That's about 10 lbs more at this stage in comparison to when I was PG with E. I passed my glucose test last week, yay! I was supposed to start going every 2 weeks but my doc is on vacation next week, and I'm on (another) vacation the following week. So it will be the first week in January before I go back. I'm starting to feel miserable. The kind of miserable that started at 34-35w the first time. But my doctor said that symptoms will appear sooner (up to 6w sooner), so that explains it. I'm trying very hard to be nice to people. Sometimes I fail miserably. Mostly to my poor husband. Thankfully he just overlooks my rudeness.

More later. It's lunchtime!

1 comment:

  1. Being nice to people is overrated. ;) I kid...well, most the time anyway! Haha!

    Hope you got to go on your vacation and have a good time!!

    ReplyDelete