Monday, July 26, 2010

Gotta do something about the weight...

I've got to lose some weight. My pants are so freaking tight and I refuse to buy bigger jeans. How do you gain weight after having a baby? Aren't you supposed to lose weight?? Being home for 12 weeks didn't help or the fact that my family is awesome and brought us food all the time. I have 32 lbs to lose to be at my pre-preg weight. That's a lot. And it's not going anywhere, but then again I haven't been trying very well. So I figured if I wrote about it on here, I would have to live up to it. So today starts it. My goal is to have that weight off at least by E's 1st birthday. That gives me 8 months. Surely I can do something about it in 8 months.

E had her 4 month appt and shots last Wednesday. She didn't do as well with the shots this round. I had to give her an extra dose of Tylenol when we got home. And we started baby food and cereal on Thursday. At first she did okay eating it until it was time to wash down the food with some bottle...she didn't want to give up her bottle. But now she sees the bowl and spoon coming and opens her mouth gladly. I think apples and squash are her favorites so far. And she makes the sweetest "mmmm" sounds when she's eating. It's too cute!

Today we are showing our house for the first time. Hopefully it will go well. And DH and I found a lot that we want to build on. It's a 1.2 acre lot in town (we currently live outside city limits) with a house on it that needs to be pushed in a pile. The house is in pretty bad shape and neither one of us feel like it's worth fixing up or adding onto. But the lot is awesome. It has great trees on it and is flat, so no dirt work would need to be done. The only thing is that we would have to give about 66% of the asking price to make it worth our while. I'm pretty sure they will take that since it's been for sale for almost a year now. But first we need to see how things go with our house and property.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the weight loss and the housing market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your house sells quickly!

    Glad baby E is doing good, can't believe she is already 4 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe E is 4 months already! And eating baby food & cereal *sigh* Such a big girl!

    I wish you lots of luck with your weight loss & I hope you reach your goal quickly. Good luck too with selling your house!

    ReplyDelete