I'm about 95% sure that our house is sold.
Wow. This is happening a lot faster than I thought it would.
Here's how it happened from the beginning:
DH and I decide we want to get an appraisal on our house to "see" if we can even afford to build the house that we want to. Four days later, I get a phone call from someone who says they heard our house was for sale and we were building a house in town (No...we didn't tell a soul...how she found out is beyond me...but that's a small town for ya'). Monday they came and looked at the house. Tuesday they came and brought BOTH sets of parents with them (they are a very young couple who just got married last year). They told us last night that they talked to their lender earlier in the day and are trying to get financed for more money (our house is a little more than the house they were originally going to buy, so they have to finance more money). Okay...so that's where we are. They said it may be the first of August before they hear back from their lender and they would let us know something then.
Where does than put me? Today I am going to call the lady that owns the 1.2 acre lot and house that we looked at this past weekend and see how cheap she'll go. I also am going to call our architect and set up an appt for Friday or Saturday of next week.
This is making my head spin. Too much to think about.
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


Must be nice!!! You are very fortunate to have found someone with out a realtor.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's great! (I must say I am quite jealous, too.) I hope everything falls into its perfect place.
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing! I really hope that it's going to be that easy for you & you get things done quickly :-)
ReplyDelete