Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh my. (update from 32w checkup)

Yep. It definately was my mucus plug.

At my 32w checkup today, I obviously looked like I was in pain because the nurse asked me if I was as we were walking to the room. I told her I was, because my back has been hurting pretty bad and I've had lots of cramping. She said she was going to get the doctor to check me. So...bottoms off! Well I told her I lost my mucus plug two days ago. She checked me and I'm 1 cm dialated but still thick. And she could feel the baby's head! So at least she's head down now!

So instead of going back in two weeks, I'm going back in one week and she's going to check me again. Also, I got a steroid shot today and will get one tomorrow at the hospital. This is in case I go into pre-term labor.

So...

This weekend I'm going to work on getting the car seat, swing, and bouncer out of the attic and start packing my bag for the hospital. And I really need to decide if I'm going to keep or change her first name.

Crunch time!!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Better get someone to help you with the stuff in the attic. ; ) As far as her name....go with what your heart says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I keep telling myself J! And to be honest, I am completely happy with the other name, and have caught myself calling her that several times!

    And YES, hubby gets the job a going to the attic. I think I'm going to make him take his cell phone with him so he can read the labels to me over the phone so I know which boxes to send down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my! I can't believe you lost your mucus plug already! I'll be thinking of you & the baby- I hope she decides to stay put awhile longer!!

    ReplyDelete