Monday, June 8, 2009

Movie Review: 'UP'

DH and I went to see the movie 'UP' this past weekend. And I have to say, for a cartoon, it really had some truth in it.

Warning: Possible Spoiler and Possible Trigs

So I'll try not to tell too much about the movie but there is something that I have to share with you ladies. I think you will appreciate it as much as I did. The first part of the movie shows Carl (the old guy in the movie) with his wife. You see them get married, buy a house, fix it up, and so on. Then comes a scene where she is dreaming about babies. Deja vu, right? Well, it goes on to a scene where they paint a room with baby stuff on the wall and they've got the crib in the room. Then it happens. The next scene is the wife sitting in the doctor's office with her hands on her facing crying while her husband tries to make her feel better. You never know if she lost a baby or if they can't have children, but I got the feeling that they just couldn't. I appreciated this because for the first time, a movie got it right. We know that it's not always easy. Most of the time, movies portray TTC as being easy. You know what I mean when I say this. The couple decides they want children...nine months later...out pops the baby. So you may be wondering what my point is. Nothing really. I was just glad that for once, a movie showed that having a baby is not always easy and there are hardships. This movie showed the truth and didn't lie. I liked that.

So that's all.

Have a good night!

3 comments:

  1. I saw the movie a couple weekends ago...I bawled like a baby behind my 3D glasses when that part came up. Although, I do agree that kids old enough to understand are getting a good message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't cry but I did feel bad about the situation. I was just glad it was portrayed in a real-life situation and they didn't portray the lie that most movies do. At that part, DH said, "We can't go anywhere anymore, can we?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see this movie now. I'll make sure to bring my kleenex though :)

    It is nice to hear that someone is attempting to portray reality in entertainment. Kudos to them.

    ReplyDelete