Monday, June 15, 2009

Thinking ahead, hopefully not necessary, but...

This year DH and I have been doing some serious financial makeovers. One area where we fail miserably is saving. So we have taken steps this year to help improve this. I am excited to say that we are eliminating debt this year by selling some things. This should free up a lot of our money that would have normally been spent on notes. This money would then go to a interest bearing savings account. I have just completed my 2nd IUI and the RE wants to discuss our other options after 3 IUI's. I know what he will eventually get to...IVF. It's expensive and nothing we could afford right now. I am willing to try up to 6 IUI's personally. I don't know how the RE feels about this. But I am thinking that if we start our savings right now, by the time it gets to this, we may can actually afford to do a round of IVF. That's maybe 4-1/2 to 5 months away. So this should give me time to save up enough. Because then...DH wouldn't feel objective to trying IVF for the lack of money (and we have not discussed this option yet anyway). But if the money were there, I don't think he would mind doing it. But maybe it won't even get that far...I hope.

Sorry for my rambling...I just...was trying to sort this out.

2 comments:

  1. Will your insurance cover any of the IVF? It's not fair that it is sooo expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they don't cover any of it. But I do know that in August, my insurance coverage at work will be changing. I "think" they are raising deductibles/co-pays to help offset the rising cost of insurance. Not sure of any other changes but they did say that most everything would stay the same. I just want to be prepared in case I have to pay for all of it...if it comes to that.

    ReplyDelete