The past few weeks I've been having some problems with my eyes. I wear contacts and have since high school (my 10 year class reunion is this year). I've worn Acuvue all this time and have loved them...no problems at all. Until a few weeks ago. My eyes started getting very uncomfortable during the days, drops made them burn, and taking my contacts out overnight only seemed to make it worse. My eyes were even more uncomfortable with them out. Then a few days after that I started getting this yellow mucus-y stuff coming out the corner of my eye and my eyes would be matted shut in the mornings. I put up with it for a week thinking it would go away. I called my eye doctor's office last Friday and they told me to come in right away. Turns out I'm allergic to my contacts. Really?? Apparently my body has identified the contact as a foreign object and created antibodies. So my doc has ordered a new contact made from a different material and I have to wear glasses for a few weeks or as long as I can stand them. He said up to four weeks but believe that won't happen. This allergy stuff will take up to 4-6 weeks to clear up WITH two different eye drops. Crazy I know.
On another subject, my house is nearly ready to move in. I'm hoping 3 more weeks!!! I'm so ready to move, just not ready to pack. Yuck. My closet is TOTAL nightmare.
On the TTC front...I found an unopened box of digital OPK's in my closet last weekend. WOOHOO!! I started them this morning, day 12. The box says they expired last month but I seriously doubt one month will make a difference.
Baby E!!! She took her first steps Monday and walked a few steps tonight!! And learned to throw toys in the toilet and flush the toilet, as well, tonight. I'm just glad she didn't figure them both out at the same time. Time to start making sure the lid is down...remind me to have that talk with DH. I started planning her FIRST birthday party today. I found a theme (check out the link at the bottom of this post and let me know what you think) and I have already drawn out a two-tiered cake designed after it. I want a local bakery to make it, they're the best around! And I have tons of decorating ideas floating in my head.
That's pretty much what's been going on in my world this week.
http://www.birthdayinabox.com/party-themes/boxbuilder.asp?tab_cat_id=1&cat_id=7&dept_id=385
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


Who would have thought you could be allergic to contacts? crazy!!
ReplyDeleteTotally crazy you've developed an allergy to your contacts! I hope the new ones come in soon & you can get back to wearing them!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting your house is almost done! I want to move sooo badly but I don't think that's gonna happen for awhile. Yuck to packing but hey, it's for a great reason :-D
Aww I can't believe E is walking! She's getting so big so fast! Luckily Delilah hasn't even thrown anything in the potty she shouldn't LoL She does like to flush it- especially after she's sat on her potty seat on it... even if she didn't potty LoL
Yuck! Hope you're evey get better...Thanks for reminding me, I need to call and shcedule my eye dr appt so I can get contacts.
ReplyDeleteCannot believe E is turning one already!! And the party stuff is super cute!
Can't wait to see pics of your new house!!