The house is coming along well. We're predicting mid-February as our move in date. I have been very busy with the house lately. Lots of decisions. This week I have to meet with cabinet man to design kitchen cabinets. There's a lot of painting going on every day. And hopefully our floors will be installed this week as well.
E is doing great. Not walking yet. No teeth yet either. But still just was sweet as ever. She's my heart.
I didn't mention this in my last post....but DH and I have decided to start TTC again. I'm on C1 CD29. My last BCP was 12/10 and last AF was 12/11. I called on 12/10 to tell my OB/GYN this and to mainly see if she would give me metformin to get my C's back regular. (They never are without it when I'm not on BCP). You'd think I was crazy for asking for Metformin, but I really would like some right now. BUT she informed me that "everything is different after you have a baby" (blah, blah, freaking blah) and that I should give it some time. TIME? I hate giving things time. She said I could call back if AF didn't arrive after my first attempt. I did test this morning just to see....negative...I knew it would be. But I needed to know....too see how long I needed to wait for AF before calling my doc again. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this....the whole "everything different after baby" thing??? I just don't understand why my body would want to work now when it didn't want to work right before. Any ideas???
Weight loss. ((SIGH)) Such a sore subject. I'v been wanting to lose weight but have not had the motivation to do so. On 11/1, I got a little more serious about it. I knew I would want to start TTC again, and I knew the weight from E needed to come off. I've averaged about 16 lbs lost since then. It sounds like a lot but it really isn't. All it did is make my jeans go from "lay on the bed and suck in to zip them" to "zip them up easily". I am still two sizes BIGGER than I was when I got PG with E. I can actually squeeze myself into a size smaller....but zipping them is a humorous event. It's far, far, faarrrrr away. And I was thinking that the Metformin might help with this. Because isn't it true that BCP causes weight gain. I know that losing weight the first time was a BREEZE on Metformin. I didn't even have to try. Now I'm trying and trying and nothing happens. It's a battle for me this time around. My first time I 100% got off of sugar, fried food, and fast food. The last two aren't too hard for me to get off of now, but the first is a KILLER. I LOVE sugar. It fuels me. It's awesome stuff. Maybe, maybe one day. Still about 22 lbs to get to pre-preg weight. I was hoping to be there before E's first birthday. Which is creeping up on me seriously fast.
Yuck. Mary (my uncle's wife) is having a baby shower on the 29th in Georgia. I hate baby showers with a passion. I shutter at the thought of them. And since the whole name thing, I haven't talked to her much. We used to be close. I just can't get over it. So I decided that distance may help me. It's just my way to cope. Before this name thing, I had told her that I wanted to help with a shower. She gave the name of a friend in GA that's wanted to get a shower together. I talked to her and she said she would email me the details and we would talk again about it. Well, a few months pass and I don't hear anything. Then I get an invitation in the mail this week. Thanks biotch for including me....NOT! But that's fine. I really didn't want a part in it now anyways. Plus my mom knows all about this and was kind of ticked that the girl didn't include me. Now I have an excuse not to go :) I can pretend to be mad at this girl. Really...I just want to thank her.
I'm still working Monday - Wednesday while my mom keeps E. I'm home on Thursday with E. I love it! It's my lazy day. On Friday my sitter still comes and keeps E while I run errands and do chores. I'm usually not home on Friday as I am running around doing things for the new house.
I hope everyone is doing okay and had a good holiday. I still think about you ladies everyday. There's something about IF that leaves a permanent scar and I never go a day without thinking about it. Even now.
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


Yeay on TTC again. I am with you though....things changing after a baby? Although it really can change it didn't for me.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited that you are TTC again!! Good luck with the weight loss too... It is hard to get baby weight off... Mine seems to have just gathered around my middle.
ReplyDeleteI was surprised that my body changed fertility wise after baby because I did not ovulate on my own before... I hope things happen quickly for you.
While I didn't endure the trials that you had (of which I'm not completely certain what they are) I did have to take Metformin to try to get my cycles to regulate (I have PCOS). Then Clomid to achieve O because the Metformin wasn't cutting it. After I had Delilah I didn't start having a "normal" period until January of 2010 which was weird because after I went off BCPs the first time around (07) I didn't have a period, period!
ReplyDeleteWe wanted to start TTC in April when Delilah was 1 1/2 so in hopes we'd be able to (DH was unemployed at the time) I started taking my Metformin again. We weren't able to TTC until July but at that point I had a few months of Metformin in my system and again, a "normal" period. I was so worried we wouldn't be able to do it on our own and I'd have to go to the dr. for Clomid. Then I was worried the Clomid might not work. It seems my worry was for nothing as we didn't get pregnant on our own with only using OPKs (well and the week straight of BD after my + OPK didn't hurt ;-) ). So long story short, yes your body can change after having a baby. I'll keep everything super Xd for you that you won't need any other intervention than Metformin! Which BTW I would tell the dr. I want regardless.