Monday, November 23, 2009

Pregnancy Brain

This weekend and I had a serious case of pregnancy brain. Let's start with Thursday shall we... I have this bad habit of using my debit card and sticking it in either my pants pocket or my jacket pocket instead of putting it back in my wallet and purse. So Thursday evening, I'm at Target picking up a few grocery items and can't find my debit card. I borrow DH's since he's with me. I was pretty confident that I had used it the day before and might have put it in my pants pocket...sure enough, I got home and check the clothes basket where I had folded clothes earlier that day and I had washed and dryed the debit card....but thankfully it still works.

On to Friday... I got off work at lunch (HUGE YAY!!) and got to actually run errands while DH was still at work. I went into a store to buy DH's Christmas present (since for once he wasn't with me) and was talking to my mom on my phone. I leave from there and go to the mall to return a shirt and pick up a photo album. On the way to my truck, I noticed that my purse was unusually light feeling. I dig around in it when I got to my truck and my phone wasn't there. I remembered talking to my mom and cannot remember setting my phone down or putting it up in my purse either. Well I'm literally in the turn lane to make a u-turn to go back to that store to see if that's where my phone is and my phone rings inside my truck (I have a GMC with onstar). I'm a little confused. Should I answer the phone and who the heck has this number?? I push the little button and it's my dad. He said that a friend of mine sent me a text and the store owner replied that I had left the phone, my friend called her mom b/c her mom had my dad's number (we all work together), my dad call's my DH to see if I'm with him (now DH knows I was at the store and knows what I was doing there), so my dad happens to remember that he had my truck phone number in his cell and he calls me...did I lose anyone yet, lol?! So anyway, my dad tells me it's at the store and I go back to get it.

Now for Saturday (it keeps getting better)... DH and I went to Pottery Barn Kids to get the rug and window treatments for the nursery. It took awhile, always does there, no one seems to be able to find anything I need. Long story short, we finally get everything together and are checking out. I pay the lady with part cash and part debit card. I get my receipt and start to walk off and hear, "Ma'am, is this yours?"...I left my wallet at the register...I'm a freaking genius.

Does ANYONE have ANY suggestions for me??????? (besides stapling everything to me)

2 comments:

  1. LOl, no sorry. I have been feeling "forgetful" myself.

    How was the movie by the way? When are you going to post pics of the nursery? I want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to get the bedding for the big bed(I'll probably order it next week) and get some lamps and paint the room. When I get finished I am definately posting pictures!

    New Moon was very good ~ We ended up seeing it twice this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete