Thursday, May 28, 2009

Funny story from last week (poss. trigs)

I forgot to post this story last week.

I think it was Thursday maybe... DH and I were at a funeral (his step-dad's aunt). Right when we got to the gravesight, one of DH's step-dad's cousins came up to us and told us he had a funny story to tell us. Okay. So after the funeral he comes back to where we are standing and pulls us aside from the people we were talking to. He told us that his mom and niece were at the doctor's office (meaning the OB/GYN - b/c the niece is PG) and saw DH there. But they did not know who the woman he was with was. So the grandma (cousin's mom) told the granddaughter (cousin's niece) not to tell anyone that they saw my DH at that doctor's office with another woman. They did not realize until I came back out to the waiting room (I was there for my LAP pre-op and was back paying them and signing papers) that the "woman who wasn't his wife" was actually his wife. I had not seen them in a number a years and they did not recognize me. I have lost a LOT of weight since then and look completely different. So DH had to tell them who I was when I sat back next to him (had to wait on bloodwork then).

THEN....

This cousin has the NERVE to ask me..."So what's the verdict, are you fertile?"

WTH!!!

Did you seriously just ask me if I was fertile? Please tell me how this is any of your freaking business! As mad as I was, I politely told him I was not pregnant and that my DH was there only to drive me home after doing bloodwork (I tend to get sick after doing bloodwork -- I'm a sissy). I had to squash that rumor before anyone heard what he was saying. But still. You don't freaking ask people that. It took all my self control to keep from tackling that &@%$*#.

I was speechless after this. And this was only because I was REALLY mad and I knew I better keep my mouth shut before I went off on him (which my parents later told me that I should have). But I was trying to be polite in front of DH's family. They don't like me as it is. So I did not want to poor more salt in the womb (though it probably would have been fun to do so -- just on another day).

2 comments:

  1. Grrr... I hate that!!! What a moron to ask you that :( I'm sorry. I probably would have reacted the same way, and then kicked myself later for not telling him off!

    Oh well. I do enjoy the case of mistaken identity story! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an insensitive thing to say! People don't get it.

    ReplyDelete