Friday, October 9, 2009

Maybe it's just me...

...but do you any of you (or your DH's) do things purposefully to avoid certain family members (this includes the in-laws) or certain family get-togethers/events??

I've got something coming up soon and need to get my brain working. Please don't think I'm a bad person, b/c I'm really not. I just don't like putting myself in certain situations. KWIM?


UPDATE: Thank you for the comment Dot!! Here's why I asked that question. I'm mad at DH's family right now. He told them I was PG weeks ago and they have yet to call me to say "congratulations". What's so hard about it?? His mom and stepdad haven't called and neither has his dad and stepmom. So here it is...yesterday, I had to leave work for a few minutes to go to the post office to get a shipping box. When I open the door to go in the post office, I look in and see DH's dad and stepmom at the counter (their backs were turned to me - they never saw me). Well...I turned around, got in my car and left. Like a bat out of h*ll. I refuse to "see" them until they decide to talk to me first. I'm not going to let them just wait until the next time they see me to congratulate me. Maybe I'm being a baby about all of this, but it just bit my butt that they couldn't call me. I hid out at the gas station across the road until they left so I could go back and get my box. So my reason for posting this question today...DH's stepmom's birthday is 2 weeks from today. I have decided that if they don't call me before then, I am NOT going over to their house or calling her. I'll remind DH to call late that night (past time that we wouldn't be able to go over there), but I am not talking to them. I'm going to be as stubborn as mule. Like I said, this really, REALLY makes me mad. And I really don't think I'm over-reacting.

Wow - I should have started a new post. This is turning into a huge vent, lol!! I forgot to mention something. This Thursday and Friday makes the 4th week that DH has been working part-time at our friend's jewelry and gift store. When DH's dad and stepmom found out, they have been going to the jewelry store EVERY week to look around and mainly talk to DH. They ONLY reason they do this is because they want to see him but don't want to see me. B/c before then, we would both go over to there house...and they don't like me. So they have found a way to talk to him without me being in the picture. It p's me off.

3 comments:

  1. Yes ...all the time...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same kind of thing with the inlaws but in an opposite way. DH told them about my miscarriage last summer and they never said anything about it to me. I'm sure they were just uncomfortable and didn't know what to say but it really hurt me that it was never acknowledged. They knew about the failed IVF last spring too and never a peep about that one either. I know miscarriage and infertility are hard to talk about but then send a quick email. Okay, now I'm ranting!!! lol. (((HUGS))) Try not to let the inlaws dampen any excitement hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrrr... I'm mad at them on your behalf. I'm with M, though, don't let them take away from your excitement!!

    ReplyDelete