Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm going to ask...

...my OB tomorrow if I can come in on Tuesday, the 23rd for an induction.

My parents and husband don't fully understand why I don't want to wait for the baby to come when she wants to come. But then again, they are not the ones that are pregnant...I am.

March 23rd is a special day for me. It will mark the 2 year anniversary of when DH and I made the decision that we wanted a baby and were going to start TTC. I think it would be awesome for baby girl to be born on that day.

Something else that DH and I have been discussing... We're not going to tell family (brothers, grandmothers, anybody) when we go to the hospital. My mom is not happy about this. But she'll get over it. I have promised to tell her and my dad but they are going to have to keep it secret until I tell them otherwise. My husband and I are very private people and do not like people getting in our business. We would love to be able to go to the hospital, have the baby, and call family and tell them afterwards...when we get into our regular room. I know a lot of people feel differently, but we see this as a very personal event and would like to keep it that way. I do NOT want the birth of my child to turn into a circus. And if you knew my family like I do, you would completely understand why I use the word 'circus'...

So hopefully my appointment will go my way tomorrow and we will be going in on the 23rd. I'm not going to ask until after she checks me. Last week I was 1 cm and 70%. If I'm 1.5 - 2 cm and close to 100% I don't see why she would have a problem.

3 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about waiting...but then we went in for an induction then had a c-section, so everyone was there. But I wouldn't let anyone come into our birthing room while I was still in labor. They had to wait in the waiting area. If family DO show up during your labor, you can tell the nurses no visitors. And make sure you tell every nurse that comes into your room so that they all know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are inducing more and more these days, so I don't see why not. It sounds like your cervix is starting to get ready too. Just make sure you read up on it because if they induce you and you don't progress in labor, they will do a c-section. So, if you are fine with that, I say go for it! I am kind of hoping to go that way too.

    I live over an hour away from the hospital so I know noone is going to be at the hospital except for maybe my father and stepmother who are the only ones that voiced their wishes to be there. But, I am completely fine with that!! The less visitors I have the less stressed I will be. I do, however, plan on going to see my in-laws on the way home from the hospital so that they get a chance to see the baby and spend time with him before we head home since they are on the way.

    Gosh Laura it is right around the corner for you!!! YEAY.

    I know what you mean about circus family. My x-inlaws were circus people, omg. When I was in labor with my son over 13 years ago they all came to the hospital. I was starting to hit the "I am in pain leave me alone stage" and my sister-in-law spilled a whole can of ginger ale in my bed, all over my feet, my father in-law brought his own "cooler" and my mother-in-law was IN MY FACE talking about chocolate doughnuts. I wanted to scream. I told everyone to GET OUT, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura- I totally get not wanting a bajillion people in there in your business. There's nothing wrong with wanting this to be a private, special moment with your hubby. I can't say no one else was there when baby was conceived but you know ;-)

    Just to forewarn you- I was going to be induced with Delilah if she didn't come by the Monday after her due date (I have PCOS so they didn't want me going late) and my midwife told me that if the induction didn't work they'd take me off the meds and start again in a few days after that. Of course if you're being induced & they end up breaking your water you're committed so there's that. But basically I wanna say good luck with your appointment. Hopefully your doc will let you come in for inducement.

    ReplyDelete