Friday, March 19, 2010

New Update - Back from Appt

Alright. Went to my appointment and they did a NST...no contractions. Not even sure whey they did that, I didn't know until I got there that that was what they were going to do. I then went and saw my OB. I'm still 1 cm and now at 90%. I told her about losing my mucus plug, the increase in pains, loss of sleep, and nausea that I've been having since Wednesday. I also told her about a non-stop headache that I've had since Wednesday as well. I didn't think it meant anything but wanted to tell her 'just in case'. Well she's basically more worried about the headache than she is anything else. Since I'm working on Day 3 of it now, she's worried it may be preclampsia (sp?), although I do not have protein in my urine and my blood pressure is fine. She said that she has had cases of precl. where the only symptoms showed were the nuerological ones. So she gave me a shot of phenergen (sp?) and a rx for darvacet (sp?) and told me to go home and sleep. If I wake up in the morning and still have this headache, she wants me to come in to the hospital at 7am for an induction (she's on call tomorrow). So that's that.

I just woke up from a 3 hour nap and my head is still throbbing. If you see a post on my blog in the morning before noon that says that I woke up and feel better, I'm not at the hospital. But if I don't post anything in the morning, I will be at the hospital having the baby.

3 comments:

  1. Well I hope tomorrow brings you some neuro relief. Headaches suck :-\ Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you feel better soon and can deliver that baby safely and smoothly when the time comes. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that headache goes away and it doesn't turn out to be preeclampsia. ((hugs)) Take it easy!!

    ReplyDelete