Today was my 36w OB appt. This baby must be getting big because I've gained EIGHT pounds in the last 4 weeks....which is a total of 18 pounds so far gained. BP was fine 108/60...baby's HR was 145...they checked my iron and it was 11.8 so I'm not anemic (sp?). Also, the OB did the Group B test and she'll give me the results next Tuesday at my next appt. She did check me after doing the sample and said I was .5cm dilated and about 50% effaced. And then she said the baby was in a good head down position at -2.....can someone help me out with this one. Or give me a link that I can look this up. I'm not sure what that meant and I didn't ask. She seems to think I'm going to have a long baby, which wouldn't surprise me.
And thank you everyone for all the suggestions from yesterday's post. I went today and bought a pair of sweats that have a drawstring waist instead of the elastic waist. I found them at Targ.et and they are VERY comfortable!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm not sure but it sounds like great news Laura!
ReplyDeleteAnyday now!! You might gain another 8 in the last 4 weeks. ;)
I never really knew what that stuff meant- although I should've since I took that class LoL Effacement refers to your cervix and how thinned out it is. Station (as in -2 station) refers to the position of the baby. It starts at -3 station and goes to -1. Once the baby has settled in to the pelvis before going in to the birth canal it's referred to as 0 station. Station +1 to +3 refers to how close the baby is to the cervix.
ReplyDeleteI found this on a site (because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to tell you since like I said I didn't ever really know what the heck they meant heh)
This is where I found it: http://www.babiesonline.com/articles/pregnancy/effacement.asp
YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!!! I'm so excited for you! :)
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you! She'll be here before you know it!!
ReplyDeleteHi there!
ReplyDeleteThe -2 (like one previous poster stated) refers to the station of the baby but I thought I'd explain it a bit more. Inside your pelvis, the narrowest part is where the ishial spines are. The ischial spines are pieces of bone that slightly jut out into the pelvic opening. When the baby is at 0 station, the top of the head is right at those ischial spines. The number refers to the number of centimeters the baby's head is away from the spines. A negative number indicated the baby is not yet to the spines, a positive number means the head has descended down further. Clear as mud?? Helps to have an L and D nurse around once in awhile, huh ;)
Sounds like you are making progress, yay!!