The title is whack I know. But that's what today's post is about.
Elizabeth~ I got my bracelet today and I LOVE IT!!! It's perfect!! And you are so talented!! It is gorgeous and I can not wait to take a picture this weekend and post it for everyone to see!! I have it on right now and it's hard to take my eyes off it!! Thank you SO much, you are TOO sweet!!!!!
My husband is worried sick over bfing. He wants me to try (which of course I am, I just don't talk about it as much as he does...mainly b/c I'm not too worried right now...seeing since the baby is not here right now). I did warn him that issues may arise (latching issues, production issues, etc.) where I may not be able to bf. But of course I'm going to give it all I have plus some.
This being said, my husband wants me to buy a breast pump...now. But I was going to wait until afterwards to see how things go with the bfing. He says if the baby has latching issues he wants me to pump so she can at least get my breast milk. I understand that. I would want that too. And of course there is the whole 'going back to work' thing. I'm taking 6-8 weeks off.
To ease my husband's worries I am going to purchase a pump tomorrow. I have a 20% off coupon for BRU off ANY one baby item (except diapers and a few things). I'm going to buy the Med.ela one. Anyone know anyone who has used this one and liked/disliked it?
I'm not going to take it out of the bag until I need it. Just in case. I want to be able to return it in case I can't use it for some unseen reason.
In other news..........my husband's job as I've mentioned before went from Monday-Friday to Monday-Thursday about a year ago. Then went to Monday-Wednesday about 2 months after that. Well he got to work yesterday. I was so excited!! I don't know if he will be able to work on Thursdays hereafter, but it would be so great if he could!
I actually started putting some of my 'hospital' stuff in my truck last night! I even packed my laptop so I could let you ladies know what is going on and post pictures while I'm there!! 24 more days till my due date!! And we know for sure that we're not going past the 30th.
My OB told me that once the baby drops that my breathing troubles would stop. Well they haven't. I know the baby has dropped b/c I have sharp pains in my pelvis ALL the time but I still have trouble breathing. This really is going to be a long baby. My guess is 21". DH is 6'3" and I am 6' tall. And my guess on weight is right at 8 lbs. We'll see how wrong I am in a few weeks ;)
Sunday is the baby shower that my husband's biological father's family is giving us. The father that said he didn't know what the big deal was when told about the pregnancy. (((rolling eyes))) I cannot look at this man without hearing those words running through my head. It hurts. And it makes me angry. But I'm going to put on my big girl panties and smile. B/c I take EVERY opportunity that I can to let him know HOW big of a deal it is. Okay enough of THAT!
You ladies have a great weekend and I'll let you know how things go on Monday. DH and I are headed out of town tonight!!
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


I have the Medela pump in style. I exclusively pump so I am best friends with it :) I've had no problems with it yet!
ReplyDeleteI've heard great thinga about the Medela pump on the boards. Everyone raves about that one.
ReplyDeleteI got my earrings Liz made!! I love them too!
I've heard great things about Medela too. Ummm, the other thing that I hear about it (not sure if this is all of them, or a certain model in the brand) is to get the one that has a closed-off system. Something about no chance of the milk getting trapped in the machine & growing bacteria? They're pricier, but reusable/sharable. Does that make any sense?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, less than a month!!! So excited! :)
Yes buy the Medela one. I bought the lansinoh after using the single medela and it decreased my supply and never got it back up now its gone
ReplyDeleteI have the pump in style advanced in the messenger bag style. I do not know about the different systems. The only way milk could get into my motor is through the tubing when the bottles get too full, so I make sure I monitor that.
ReplyDeleteGOod luck!
I have the Medela one that was given to me.
ReplyDeleteLaura, they are supposed to give you a hand held pump in the hospital!!! and Lanolin. (can you call and ask? also, if I were you, I would get the number for the lactation aide there and maybe call her to ask.)
You could always wait to get the Medela pump because they are not cheap at all until you know for sure if you want to continue to bf or not. You can rent them too!!
Laura I am sooo glad it got there safely & even more ecstatic that you like it so much! I was really hoping you would :-D
ReplyDeleteI have a Medela pump as well- a double, electric one. I thought it worked really well but honestly I don't know if I'd spend the money until I ~had~ to. I hated the electric pump in the hospital and tried to hand pump not long after I was home. I ended up hating that more than the electric LoL And that's when I bought the Medela.
Tell DH not to stress about BFing- you could have a difficult time or you could have a fairly easy time. Not all babies have problems with latching and some just can't get the hang of it. You'll have nurses to help you out and the lactation consultant should stop in at some point while you're at the hospital.