Monday, March 1, 2010

New WebMD / Hospital Bag Questions

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sooo not liking the new webMD boards. It takes me forever to find PAIF and when I do I feel like I am missing so many post and you can't tell you the original poster is...it's just wrong...all wrong.

I feel like I'm going to lose touch with so many of the women on the board now.

On another note, I have my 36w OB appt tomorrow. The car seat is still in my truck (although I can't say that about the base anymore in my husband's truck). And I have started packing but definately not all the way there yet. I hope to go after my appt tomorrow and find some slippers and a robe. I have the baby's stuff packed. That was the easy part.

One question for those who have recently had babies...what would be the ideal thing for me to wear home....sweats & a tee, sleep pants/shirt, maternity pants??? And here's a stupid question that I should probably already know the answer to...what about underwear? Will my maternity underwear be okay?

6 comments:

  1. Wear something comfy. I had a c-section, so I needed something that wouldn't be tight on my incision. And I used my maternity underwear for a week or more pp.

    You are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. If you have a vag birth, ask the hospital for extra pads, theirs are bigger and longer than the Kotex you buy in the store. The will give you some stretchy underwear but you may want your own maternity ones.... Also, if you either tear or strain, ask for tucks, and set them in your pad, they give alot of relief! HTH

    BTW, I hate the new format on WebMD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestions gals!

    After my c-section I wore a comfy top and jeans plus my own undies. Really it's what you'll be comfy in- if you're comfy in a tee & sweatpants rock it!

    Also, as far as a robe- I wore the hospital robe so I didn't have to take mine (it's just less stuff for you to have to worry about). I did however have my own slippers that I used to walk around the halls while laboring. But I'm pretty sure I just wore the gripper socks they give you after I had Delilah & not the slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def. something comfortable. I wouldn't dream of putting jeans on after giving birth. I wore cotton shorts and a shirt.....but that was in the summer. As far as your underwear, your belly won't be completely flat quite yet. So, you might just want to bring your maternity underwear.

    I would bring some sweats and a tee-shirt, loose fitting. You are going to be sore no matter if you give birth vaginally or by C-section.

    I am bringing my own pajamas too.

    Why don't you join the new boards?

    http://infertilityjourney.brightforums.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are way close! I didn't even make it to 36w! Here are my tips, I LOVED the undies the hospital provided. They were very comfy for me. Plus I didn'thave to worry about ruining any underwear with all the blood. (I bled for 4 1/2 weeks!) I would definitely bring your own slippers or warm and fuzzy socks. I didn't use a robe, just the gowns. I just wanted to be comfortable. I wore sweat pants and a T home. Bring some slip on shoes too because you'll probably be pretty sore. One other thing I found useful was one of those long handled loafa's. It makes it a lot easier to wash yourself since it's a little difficult to move and bend. 4 weeks left girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was able to fit in my pre-pregnancy pants before & after having Delilah but my tummy didn't completely round out at my belly button(it's hard to explain). I can't imagine a lot of people could do that so I definitely stick with the sweatpants or whatever you'd be most comfortable in :-)

    P.S. I forgot to tell you I sent your bracelet out yesterday so keep a look out for it in the mail!

    ReplyDelete