Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Darn computers

I think the hard drive crashed on my home pc. I don't use it alot...mostly I use my laptop. We had a wireless router put in, so I usually get on the internet when I am in the living room or bedroom. I went to do something on the pc last night and it wouldn't do anything. Kept wanting me to reset. I know next to nothing about computers, so I am sending DH to drop it off at a local computer shop tomorrow to run diagnostics on it. I hope and pray that they can back up my hard drive. I really don't want to lose my pictures. You see...this happened a few years ago, the hard drive crashed, and I learned from that experience that you back up anything that you would ever want or need. That being said, I haven't backed up ANY of my pictures from the last year...it's hard for me to remember to do that...until something like this happens anyway. And the pictures include our recent trip to Cali.

Yuck.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I hope they can restore your system or at least get the files off of there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that it works out!!!!!! Dang computers anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They can do amazing things when it comes to restoring crashed compies! Hopefully they'll be able to save at least some of your stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh! I hope you don't lose everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I talked to the computer guy this morning and he seemed confident that he could back up everything...at a price of course. The hard drive is most likely going to have to be replaced but will give me a definate answer in a few days he said....(fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete