Okay. So I sort-of, kind-of had myself a little freak out last night. Sorry about that post by the way. My head was going in two million different directions.
I feel better today. I am much more calm than I was last night. And I CAN do this. Yes. I can do it. And what's two little days. It'll be okay. At least I'll get it over with quickly, all at once. No six or seven phone calls to make, just one big announcement. Then.........I run and hide. Haha. Yeah right. I'm just proud to be where I am right now. And am so happy to be where I am right now.
I told my little brother Monday evening about the baby when he came to my house to use my computer. DH was working but I decided to tell him anyway. He's a really good brother. I couldn't pick out a better one if I tried. He was very sweet about the whole thing. I got a little emotional, I will admit. Just thinking about the possibility of a m/c scares the mess out of me. But he told me that that was not an option and he was going to pray about this every day until the baby gets here. He reassured me that everything is going to be perfect. Which just got me even more emotional. YES...I was crying. I felt better after talking to him. I'm not so scared anymore. When I was talking to my mom last night, she was asking what colors I was going to use for the baby's room. This made me feel better as well. Thinking about the future and what's ahead and all. I even allowed myself to buy the cutest little onesie on our Labor Day trip.
My next checkup (14 weeks) is in twelve days and CANNOT get her fast enough. I just need to hear that heartbeat. That's all I need. Nothing more. I know that just because I get out of the first tri does not mean all is safe, but I would like to think that it makes things safer anyway. At least it will take this huge weight off of me.
Easy Activity Advent Calendar
7 years ago


A month is a long time to wait between visits in the beginning.
ReplyDeleteGuess what? you never stop worrying. Welcome to parenthood. THe worry never ceases. :)