Thursday, September 10, 2009

Strange kitty cat

I'm nearing the end of my progesterone supps...YAY!!! I had 4 left last night. That means Friday morning will be my last one!!!

So I was lying in bed last night waiting for DH to come to bed when I reached to my nightstand for my prometrium RX bottle. The cat was also lying on the bed about halfway down. As soon as I opened that bottle and got one of the pills out...the cat was all of sudden in my face. He was putting his nose in the top of the bottle and his eyes got wide like when cats smell catnip. Then he started biting the top of the bottle. I showed DH what he was doing and he thought it was strange too.

I thought about it for a minute or two... Progesterone is a female hormone present during pregnancy. And the cat is a male. He recognized that smell. As soon as I opened the bottle and he wasn't sitting all that close to me.

Needless to say, he didn't leave my side last night.

But geez, he was acting weird, even for his weird self. I'll have to keep the bottle away from him.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that animals act different around women (usually their owners) who are PG. I know in all 5 of my PGs my cats acted strange. They were on top of me ALL the time. He could have just been interested in the top/bottle at the time. You know how fincky cats are. LOL

    ReplyDelete