Okay. So maybe I should have wore the chunky jewelry and left my shoes on....but I'll tell you more about that in a bit.
First off, my OB was out ill today, so I saw the NP. I had the choice of rescheduling but I was determined to hear that HB today, I could not have waited another week. The NP checked the HB and it was around 156 bpm, so all is good there. BP was good too, 93/54, a little low for me but she said it was fine. Urine culture came back okay, but....she asked me what I had eaten today. And I didn't lie, I told her not much of anything, a very small lunch. This is were she proceeded to get onto me for not eating enough. I'm sorry lady, but if I eat eggs and bacon and whatever else you told me to in the morning, I would be sick as a dog. And the reason I didn't eat much at lunch, is b/c I didn't want anything and didn't feel good. AND she said all of this in front of DH. So now HE'S been on me and I can ust see him trying to stuff food down my throat now. Don't get me wrong, I eat fine and when I'm hungry. But sometimes when you don't feel good, it's hard to get it down. Well, before I left, she wanted to check to see if my uterus was in the right place and when she was measuring, she pressed down on my belly button and GEEZ it HURT...BAD!!! I left there with some fine cramps.
Okay, new paragraph. I had bloodwork done for the cystic fibrosis testing and for FCD testing. And I also asked if I should be taking a DHA supplement in conjuction with my prenatal vitamin. She then went into this speech about how great DHA is and called in a RX for one that she said was the best. So after DH and I leave, we grabbed a bite to eat, and headed to the pharmacy to pick up the RX. It's called Gesticare DHA. The box says to the take the pill and the gel caplet so I do. Then we get down the road and I start reading the box and apparently the pill is the prenatal vitamin and the gel caplet is the DHA part of it. I read this 30 minutes after I took my regular prenatal vitamin with my dinner. So I got a double dose tonight. AND my insurance didn't cover it, so I had to pay $58 for it. I could have just kept my regular prenatal and bought the Expecta DHA supplement for a LOT less than that, right?
So I've got to put a call in tomorrow to my OB to see if I should continue taking the Gesticare and maybe once it's gone, just get a DHA supplement OTC to take with my regular prenatal.
I have my next checkup (18 wks) on 10/29 and then the BIG ultrasound (20 wks) on 11/11!!!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm glad everything went great!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everything went well for you!
ReplyDelete