Monday, September 28, 2009

A little history, a little vent, a letter to a nosy aunt, and BABY NAMES!!!

Okay. So I first need to give you a little background before I get into my vent. DH's mother (aKa bi-Otch) does not talk to DH or myself. The only reason we can think of is that he married me. Neither one of mind...b/c she's a complete psychopath. My DH told me that his whole life she has told him how much of a burden he was on her and how much she had to give up to have him. She got KU at 16 and had him at 17 and had to quit school and get her GED, married his biological father who is a complete loser, and divorced him 2 years later when she was KU with another man's baby. So she married this other man who is now DH's stepfather. Since psychopath is a real psychopath, she convinced DH to change his name when he was younger. So he has stepfather's last name and got rid of his father's name out of his name completely. I'm giving you all the short version here. So here we are today, it's wonderful not having to see these idiots. Well, DH went to his stepfather's workplace last week (didn't tell me until afterwards of course) to tell him about the pregnancy. Whatever. He said he didn't want them finding out from someone else. Again...whatever. So DH didn't tell his aunt (biological mother's sister) about the baby when he was talking to her last week b/c everything she had to say on the phone was doom and gloom, oh me, let's have a pity party. Well today I get a card in the mail from this aunt (obviously psychopath called and told her). It basically says, "Congratulations, we can hardly wait. Laura, take care of yourself. We know you are going to continue on with the "L" names. Lindsay sure is a pretty name." And to top it off the card had a picture of a young girl on the front of it which the aunt handwrote "Lindsey C" above the girl's head.

So here begins my vent:

Dear Nosy Aunt,

Weeelllll, I hate to break it to ya sister, but this is MY BABY and I get to pick out the name, and NO, it will not be a "L" name. In fact, you are probably going to hate this name along with your psychopath sister, but I really don't give a rat's @$$. FYI: Both mine and DH's name begin with "L" along with some of YOUR family, but that plays no part in our decision on baby names. Soooo, with that being said, if you must know....if we have a girl (which DH and I both suspect that we are) her name will be Elizabeth Renee C (Elizabeth was MY middle name & Renee is my mother's middle name). If we have a boy his name will be Matthew H C (we will be using my maiden name as his middle name). Now as I said, you and psychopath will not like the name Elizabeth, as this is the name of the woman that psychopath's current husband had an affair with years ago and it will probably bring up bad memories, but the way DH and I see, we are naming this baby after her MOTHER and maternal grandmother. Sooo, thanks for the unsolicited advice, but please keep all future remarks to yourself. Have a LOVELY day!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know you dealt with psycho relatives too! (Hugs)

    I like your names. I can't stand it when people give their kids names that start with the same letter. It's just tacky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUSLY!!! Why do we all have to have the psychos...they should be family in itself... I love your comeback post though...and I love the names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! Oh no she didn't!

    I cannot understand people like that. The thing is they will never realize they have no tact and will just be offended when you tell them like it is. No lightbulb moments for them.

    Your names are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete